The Parish of St. Thomas, Werneth
Welcome to the home page of St. Thomas' Church, Werneth - on the Coppice.
St. Thomas' is one of many parish churches in the Church of England. It is part of the Diocese of Manchester.
It is a Grade II listed building.
The church building is open for Sunday Services.
We want to keep our Sunday morning arrangements as safe as possible, given local Covid-19 rates. Fortunately we have the space to keep our existing procedures in place.
- Please continue to wear a face mask during church Services (unless you have a medical or psychological reason not to do so).
- We are now going singing (quietly, with masks) one hymn each service, plus the sung liturgy at Holy Communion.
- You are welcome to sit next to others, where you have arranged this in advance.
- We will continue to offer the bread, only, at Holy Communion.
- Signing in is NOT compulsory.
- Feel free to chat outdoors, after the service!
- Full details can be found in our revised Risk Assessment
- English Classes will restart at 1:00 pm on Thursday 23 September.
- Thank you to those who continue to help in the church grounds!
- The Farsi/ Dari Discussion Group takes place outside St. Thomas' at 3pm on a Thursday. All welcome. The course includes preparation for Baptism and Confirmation. This week we are gardening at 1pm.
- Mission Communities There is a meeting for all who are interested in finding out more about the plans for Mission Communities , and how they will affect us, at Christchurch Chadderton, at 7:30 pm on Wednesday 20 October. Refreshments from 7:00 pm.
- Puppet-makers Do you want to make and learn how to use puppets? All welcome. Please see Gina.
- Church Collection As usual we cannot have a collection in church. Church funds continue to be low! Please feel free to leave a collection on the plate as you leave church. Thank you for your generosity.
- Bluebell, Snowdrop, and other Bulbs watch this space for dates and times for mass-planting. Please see Graham or Gina if interested.
- Hannah Lane Many of you will remember Hannah who came to the parishes on placement a number of years ago. She was recently ordained as Deacon. More details
This website is currently being rebuilt and simplified. Some links do not work yet!