Farsi and Dari speakers
Many Farsi and Dari speakers are come to St. Thomas - particularly from Afghanistan and Iran.
We have an bilingual order of service for Holy Communion in Farsi and English.
There is a friendly Bible Study and Discussion Group on most Thursdays at 3pm in St. Paul's Church on Ashton Road. The discussion is in English and Farsi. This also includes thorough preparation for Baptism and Confirmation.
Before this there is an English Class at 1pm, again at St. Paul's Church, immediately before the Discussion Group. It is free to anyone who wishes to come.
We can give you a bible in Farsi or Arabic or English, if you don't already have one.
Alternatively, there are websites that may be able to help you:
- Bible Resources in Dari, Pashto and Hazaragi at Afghan Bibles.
- Bible Resources in Sorani, Behdini, Arabic at Kitebi Piroz.
This section contains links to liturgical resources (orders of service) in Farsi and English:
We have recently started learning some Hymns in Farsi and English.
This section contains links to hymns and songs in Farsi and English.
- Christmas Carols at Persian Anglican Christians Website.
- Songs and Hymns translated from English to Farsi at the Persian Anglican Christians Website.
- Songs and Hymns translated from Farsi to English at the Persian Anglican Christians Website.
in English / Farsi
Thine Be the Glory
(with thanks to the Persian Anglican Churches Website for the files which are only hosted locally because they can be linked directly)