Agenda for PCC Meeting
7:00 pm Thursday 5 October 2023
Welcome and Prayers
Any feedback about the sung music that we've been using on a Sunday morning for the last few months?
Graham and Nick have had a conversation. To acheive Bronze for "Lifestyle" we have the following options:
☀ Sunday School produce a Communal Christmas Card
☀ We encourage church members to share what they do to protect the environment at a particular season of the year (e.g. Lent) instead of the sermon
☀ Have an annual survey - "How do you come to church?" inviting people to say: walking; public transport; driving; or getting a lift in a car.
☀ Put a link on the website, about the time we do the church Carbon Neutral Audit, inviting people to do an audit of their lifestyle for (a) environmental friendliness; (b) carbon usage. Gina proposes Climate Hero
☀ Encourage church members to share home-cooked recipes.
Purchase of arm chairs for the church
- quotes to be found
Use of Church
- Julie Stones ran Holiday Activities during the Summer: 24th July to 18 August. 10 am - 2 pm.
- The Camara Club has given three months' notice of finishing.
- South Asian Women Network have started "Chai and Chat".
- St. Thomas' School Parents are starting a monthly Monday morning session. We hope that regular activities will emerge from this.
- We've received a grant from Migrant Help for the English Class.
|Xanadu Dance Troupe||£||3,000|
|HAF Holiday Club||£||1,000|
|Camera Club||£||0||(three months' notice of finishing has been given)|
|Hulme Infants||£||0||(possibly now finished)|
|Brethren in Christ Church||£||2,500|
|South Asian Women||£||2,000|
|Private social activities||£||500||(potential for growth)|
We need to set/note the following dates:
- Date of next meeting.
Any Other Business
Future Agenda Items
- Eco Church (tackle the one remaining section)
- Church Porch